Global Project Manager- Product Safety/Toxicology
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources more sustainably. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown.
The roles can be based in the UK at our Jealotts Hill site, or the US at our Greensboro location:
We are looking for experienced project leaders in the area of toxicology and safety assessment. Working within Product Safety, Toxicology, you will work as part of multi-disciplinary product development teams to deliver complex R&D programs to support biological and biochemical plant protection products through the development process and global regulatory submissions. As part of our cross-functional technical teams, you will also provide advice to internal stakeholders on human safety and toxicology across all phases of the research and development process, as well as providing expertise to support the development and registration of Syngenta products. Roles at a range of experience levels (including Technical Expert and Senior Technical Expert) are available; salary will be commensurate with experience.
The successful candidates will:
- Manage discrete projects in toxicology relating to the development, registration and ongoing support of Syngenta products, particularly biological and biochemical plant protection products.
- Use both existing regulatory and novel strategies to assess the potential toxicity of new biological and biochemical plant protection products.
- Be able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders globally, advocating technical positions effectively with regulatory agencies.
- Provide technical expertise and written contribution to support the safety assessment and registration of Syngenta plant protection products.
- Support the development and registration of new biological and biochemical plant protection products through relevant governance processes by demonstrating compliance with both Syngenta Product Safety standards and external regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to toxicological and regulatory science foresight on emerging issues.
- Lead and contribute to projects so that they are properly specified, reviewed, and delivered on time and meet stakeholders needs. Contribute to the development of techno-regulatory strategies and project work plans.
- Develop and deliver robust techno-regulatory hazard data packages and assessments to support new biological and biochemical plant protection product development and registration in global markets.
- Lead the delivery of critical regulatory documents to support registrations, to time and quality.
- Provide toxicological advice to multi-disciplinary teams responsible for the registration of Syngenta products.
- Represent Syngenta and give presentations at internal and external events to enable development and business decisions and regulatory submissions to be made.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including managing direct relationships with global and regional regulatory teams and external regulatory agencies.
Qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in a relevant discipline, such as biology, physiology, toxicology, microbiology, or closely related field, is preferred. Applicants with BS or MS degrees and commensurate experience will be considered.
- A high level of attention to detail and a strong capacity for critical thinking, problem formulation, data interpretation and evidence synthesis.
- Wide-ranging knowledge of biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, and microbiology, combined with an in-depth understanding of physiology or toxicology.
- A demonstrated ability to lead complex projects and to deliver technical leadership in defined areas.
- Excellent technical writing ability with strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to gain commitment from both internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to quickly develop robust networks and key relationships.
- Experience of regulatory registration process in global markets for pesticides or related areas desirable, but not essential.
We embrace and encourage diversity, and this is what drives our innovation and lets us outperform the market. https://www.syngenta.com/careers/working-syngenta/diversity-and-inclusion