The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for a Membership Manager. The Membership Manager is a member of the Membership team and is primarily responsible for providing high-quality, effective, and sustainable acquisition and retention marketing campaigns to our members and potential members of OSA. The Membership Manager will lead our proactive, high-touch marketing campaigns designed to improve member acquisition, current member engagement (leading to increased member retention), and retention touchpoints. The Membership Manager must have a solid understanding of marketing to potential and current members and is comfortable with the management of multiple member connection points with tight deadlines.
- Develop and implement a multi-year operational plan of strategies and objectives to address membership recruitment and retention, and member engagement.
- Manage day-to-day membership acquisition, retention and engagement operations.
- In partnership with the OSA Foundation, manage the online store.
- Meet or exceed annual membership numbers and revenue targets of more than $1.5 million across all member categories.
- Develop, manage, and deploy strategies to reinforce member value and increase member retention, including a revamp of acquisition process maps.
- Develop and support marketing efforts for membership renewals, and acquisition strategies.
- Execute operational aspects of specific member acquisition and retention plans, such as direct mailers, email, or outgoing/incoming phone calls.
- Display an understanding of membership acquisition and retention practices, modern online marketing tools.
- Establish and implement strategic approaches that optimize the member journey, increase benefit and community engagement, and improve overall member satisfaction.
- Overhaul existing onboarding process and collaborate cross-departmentally to refresh onboarding tools/communications, and track metrics to demonstrate campaign effectiveness.
- Ensure that member benefits and programs are prominently positioned to regulatory professionals on all appropriate communication and marketing channels including newsletters, web content, social media (internal and external), at industry events and in printed promotional pieces. Reinforce member value by highlighting member stories and bringing their experiences to life.
- Brainstorm campaign concepts, work across departments to create more member and exclusive member benefits.
- Use data to identify trends that help generate compelling reasons to join and identify prime prospects and target areas for growth.
- Superior organization skills, and an ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical approach to decision-making. • Insatiable curiosity to continually optimize successful outcomes. • Keen attention to detail, perpetual commitment to excellence.
- Create reports to track progress and feedback against organizational goals.
- Maintain appropriate business rules and SOPs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business
- 4+ years of experience working in membership development
- 2 to 4 years of experience in Digital Marketing
- Strong interest and skills in working in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to develop and interpret qualitative and quantitative data
- Keen ability to cultivate and grow relationships/partnerships
- Member-focused, approach to dealing with external stakeholders
- Excellent internal/external written and verbal communication skills
- Strong budget management, project management and analytical skills
- Goal-driven, multi-tasker with an attention to detail who thrives working in a fast-pasted, dynamic environment
- Solid understanding of modern online marketing tools and skills and an ability to provide training (e.g. webinar, in-person and one-on-one virtual) to volunteer leaders at different skill levels.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; familiarity with Net Forum and/or database/analytics systems preferred
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, OSA offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please send cover letter and resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.