Systems Engineer - Performance Assurance (Mid-Career)
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
Are you passionate about your career and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to solve problems and build cutting-edge systems? Join a dynamic team with a mission to modernize the most complex and critical weapon systems supporting strategic deterrence for the nation? Every single day you will leave work knowing you played a part in keeping our country safe and secure. If this motivates you, this position may be for you. We are seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to support the Performance Assurance Department.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Participate in and/or facilitate the ESH occurrence/event/issue reporting and tracking processes.
- Participate in and facilitate event fact finding and causal analyses.
- Write fact-finding and causal analysis reports.
- Support ES&H performance assurance, which includes, but is not limited to assessments, measures/metrics, occurrence management, issues management, and trending analysis.
- Employ a structured system approach that models the interactions between all components and ensures integration.
- Document and track system-level performance requirements and develop acceptance criteria for the subsystems and system.
- Document and track project risks and collaborate with partners to develop mitigation and contingency plans.
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly reports to executive leadership and as requested status information on events/occurrences.
- Serve as an authority for corporate level processes.
- Manage relationships with DOE program oversight at headquarters and the Sandia Field Office, and with colleagues of all levels of staff and management at SNL and other DOE sites
- Use customer service skills, employ a consultative approach when providing guidance, and be able to make recommendations based on requirements and circumstances.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline or other relevant area, plus (5) years of relevant experience; or experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the duties of the job.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and ability to team with others to deliver results.
- Causal analysis or event investigation experience strongly preferred.
- Sandia and or Environment/Safety and Health experience desired.
- Results oriented individual who has excellent attention to detail and drives for excellence.
- A current DOE Q or L-level security clearance, or DoD equivalent.
Department collects, analyzes, and reports information concerning Sandia's Environment, Safety, and Health (ES&H) performance; supports ES&H subject matter experts in transforming regulatory requirements into processes, procedures, and websites; provides ES&H expertise in support of the Contractor Assurance System (CAS); and provides subject matter expertise to include occurrence management, issues management, OSHA measures, and assessments. Services include on-site technical assistance, training, document reviews, audits and assessment, ES&H operating experience/lessons learned, analysis of performance assurance information, and providing results of ad hoc queries of safety incident data.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:• Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide• Extraordinary co-workers• Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world• Career advancement and enrichment opportunities• Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)• Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one-year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.
Apply for Systems Engineer - Performance Assurance (Mid-Career)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly