Design, execute, and oversee independent research that supports R&D and commercial projects. The Senior Research Scientist is primarily responsible for performing and managing scientific and technical activities, which may also include responsibility for the management of scientific staff. Ability to independently design and optimize analytical methods and ability to evaluate and interpret data. Demonstrated broad knowledge of analytical chemistry and fundamental understanding of contemporary analytical technologies and instrument. Manage and prioritize projects within the laboratory to meet specified deadlines. Implement and communicate tactics to determine timelines for delivering results. Ability to communicate effectively both in verbal and written forms in inter-disciplinary environments. Must be able to work in a team environment, provide training and guidance to laboratory personnel.
- Demonstrate independent thinking by proposing and implementing new experimental designs and concepts; Plan and conduct laboratory experiments independently; Keep abreast of relevant literature and maintain a high level of expertise in own field; Understand and manage IP position for a project
- Contribute to defining R&D team goals and collaborate with scientists within and outside functional area in achieving them; Either assume departmental responsibility for projects when assigned or demonstrate leadership initiative in technical expertise areas to enable the team to achieve project milestones, as per requirement
- Identify new technologies and execute implementation to improve productivity and work processes; Ensure integration of new technologies and department initiatives into daily work to enhance productivity
- Demonstration of analytical techniques in working collaboratively with process chemists in determining scalable and robust processes for API manufacturing. Experience in isolating and identifying impurities from reaction processes and tracking fate and purge studies of those impurities and genotoxic impurities.
- Have a strong acumen in all analytical instrumentation and techniques such as UPLC, HPLC, LC/MS, GC/MS, GC, SFC, etc.
- Experience in GMP analytical laboratory and able to create, develop, and validate methods for release criteria for CoA for an API.
- Effectively communicate own and team’s work; Effectively deliver project updates to the client and R&D senior management in oral or written forms in the context of project goals
- Responsible for group supervision including coaching, mentoring, training, supervising and developing staff when assigned; Responsible for group productivity; Participate in recruiting when needed
- Take a leading role in maintaining visibility through presentations and publications
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of overall business, competitive and scientific issues of the contract research pharmaceutical industry
- Contribute to departmental administration. Demonstrate fiscal responsibility with respect to cost of experiments, technologies, external collaborations, and travel
- Ph.D. Degree or equivalent with 4+ years of experience in analytical chemistry or organic chemistry
- Ability to independently design and optimize analytical methods and ability to critically evaluate and interpret data to map a path forward to provide solutions
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of analytical chemistry and fundamental understanding of contemporary analytical technologies and instrument
- Ability to communicate effectively both in verbal and written forms in inter-disciplinary environments
- Must be able to work in a team environment, provide training and guidance to laboratory personnel, specifically for analytical instrumentation and techniques, and act as a role model in the laboratory
- Previous supervisory experience
- Detailed understanding of cGMP, safety and other relevant regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Active listening
- Out-of-the-box thinking
- Knowledge of technology trends
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements