AquaLith Advanced Materials is developing revolutionary new battery materials to reduce the cost and improve the performance of lithium ion batteries. We are currently hiring the initial members of our team and are seeking energetic and determined individuals to help commercialize our technology. You will have added opportunities for advancement and equity ownership. We are currently hiring three positions: Technician, Process Engineer, and Senior Scientist. If you are interested in working with us and have unique qualifications but don’t fit into the three positions, please contact us. We are always looking for talented and dedicated people and are open to working with you in a variety of ways. To learn more, please visit our website, www.AquaLith.net.
- Selection, set up, and maintenance of equipment for the preparation of battery materials including scales, ball milling, reactors for liquid synthesis, and purification.
- Design the process for the preparation of battery materials, slurries, and electrolytes.
- Preparation of battery materials, slurries, and electrolytes, including weighing and processing materials and mixing powders, polymers, additives, and solvents.
- Selection, set up, and maintenance of equipment for the production of prototype pouch cells including, doctor blade, slot die coater, drying ovens, calendering equipment, and welders.
- Design the process for the preparation of pouch cells.
- Initial focus will be on production of prototype pouch cells including deposition, processing, and stacking of electrodes, pouch making, electrolyte injection, and sealing the pouch.
- Selection, set up, and maintenance of equipment for the testing and analysis of pouch cells.
- Testing and analysis of pouch cells.
- Design and analyze experiments using DOE.
- Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or similar and at least 5 years experience as a process engineer (less experience needed with advanced degree).
- Expertise with design of experiments.
- Experience with six sigma.
- Willingness to take instructions, ask questions, offer relevant knowledge, and maintain positive relationships with other employees.
- Familiarity with standard laboratory and/or industrial safety requirements including.
- Use of personal protective equipment.
- Demonstrate proper safety behaviors.
- Safe operation of equipment.
- Follow Covid protocols.
- Report any safety incidents or near misses.
- Independent self-motivated, organized, reliable with a positive attitude.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Strongly preferred: experience with pouch cell production or prototyping.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits.
- Paid Time Off and Paid Company Holidays.
- Stock Options.
- Competitive salary.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
AquaLith does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on AquaLith’s approved vendor list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to AquaLith by search/recruiting agencies not already on AquaLith’s approved agency list shall become the property of AquaLith and if the candidate is subsequently hired by AquaLith no fee will be paid to the submitting agency.
AquaLith is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Information submitted will be used by AquaLith for activities related to prospective employment.