Starting: September 1, 2021
Position: Full Time – Chemistry and Earth Science Teacher
Reports to: Science Department Chair
Prospective applicants must demonstrate the ability to provide both content based and conceptual Chemistry/Earth Science lessons. Applicants must also be comfortable collaboratively planning curriculum and Project Based Learning Initiatives.
• Plan, structure, and implement interactive lessons and labs that develop students’ critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Effectively use appropriate technology and tools in science teaching.
• Work as an active, collaborative member of the Science department, grade level and schoolwide teams.
• Keep students and parents well informed of student progress by providing feedback, focused learning intentions and clear success criteria.
• A bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemistry and/or Earth Sciences or Science education
• Prior teaching experience
• Excellent communication skills
• A master’s degree or teacher certificate is preferred.