Bangs Laboratories in Fishers, Indiana is a manufacturer of uniform polymer, silica, and magnetic microsphere products for diagnostic, research, and standardization applications. Our three lines of superparamagnetic microparticles allow us to uniquely address a wide range of applications in the life sciences, including cell separations, immunoassays, and suspension arrays. Our collection of microsphere standards includes Quantum™ kits with QuickCal® for quantitative fluorescence analyses, ViaCheck™ standards for viability analyzers, NIST-traceable size standards for particle sizers, and count standards for particle and cell counters.
Bangs Laboratories develops and manufactures products that support applications in the life sciences including diagnostic assay development, biologic sample preparation / purification, and analytical instrument QC. This position is responsible for all aspects of the timely and quality-focused production of Bangs Laboratories’ products. In addition, this position may be involved in research and development, manufacturing transfer of new products or application support.
- - Receive relevant production requests and maintain appropriate records
- Monitor inventory of lab reagents and supplies; submit requests as appropriate
- Produce products, following current ISO procedures.
- Perform test methods prior to release to Materials Dept.
- Write / update ISO documents as necessary.
- Periodically evaluate the quality of finished goods.
- Evaluate alternate raw material suppliers and new raw material lots.
- Integrate newly developed products into the manufacturing and QC systems.
- Scale-up processes as required.
- Train personnel on laboratory procedures.
- Assist with technical service, trouble shooting and applications support as necessary.
- Investigate and recommend equipment replacement / addition.
- Attend conferences / visit customers with sales staff when appropriate.
- Present seminars at conferences, workshops and customers’ facilities as needed.
- Can participate in product development projects as team leader or team member.
- Maintain laboratory work area.
- Maintain equipment.
Skills and Requirements:
- This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, biology or related scientific field and general, broad-based scientific knowledge.
- Superior laboratory skills, with a minimum of three years of laboratory experience are essential.
- Polymer synthesis experience is a plus
- The person filling this position must be self-motivated and organized, with good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Product and application-specific training will be provided.
Bangs Laboratories’ Core Values:
- Fun and Flexible Culture
- Collaborate with Humility
- Honesty and Integrity
- Do What It Takes
- Create an Unmatched Customer Experience
- Think Critically in All That You Do
We’ve got great employees who work hard but like to have a bit of fun. We don’t have the bureaucracy, acronyms, corporate speak, etc. like mega corporations, and we like it that way. We are serious about business and enthusiastic about our work environment!
We offer benefits that can compete with large companies. We offer affordable benefits so you can afford the appointment and the cure! We have four healthcare plans; a comprehensive dental plan that includes orthodontia; a flexible spending account; basic and supplemental life insurance plans; short-term and long-term disability; a 401(k) with a healthy employer match; an Employee Assistance Program; auto and homeowners discounted plans; long-term care insurance at group rates; college savings plan; paid time off; a credit union; discounted tickets to the areas activities (including Broadway shows) and half off our bath and body products.
Must live within a commutable distance to Fishers, IN. Must have legal authorization to work in the US and will not require sponsorship.
Bangs Laboratories and Polysciences are Equal Opportunity Employers. Drug-free workplace. Tobacco-free work site.