Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in science and engineering on behalf of national security. We are seeking an Analytical Chemistry Postdoc to join our High Explosive Science and Technology group (Q-5), focusing on the areas of chromatography, mass spectrometry and chemometrics. Areas of interest include aging of plastic bonded explosives and the chemical and physical relationships of polymers. In addition, you will contribute to internal reports, progress reports to sponsors and technical publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- PhD in analytical chemistry or closely related field completed in the last 5 years
- Experience with a wide array of chromatography systems
- Demonstrated ability to conduct high-precision measurements and data acquisition
- Track record of publications and conference presentations
- Ability to work in a team and solve a wide array of technical problems using general analytical chemistry skills
- Experience with explosives through handling or synthesis
- Experience with multi-dimensional chromatography, preferably in liquid chromatography
- Experience with chemometrics (including PCA, PLS-DA and PLB) and MATLAB, Python or LABVIEW programming
We Are Delivering Scientific Excellence
Los Alamos National Laboratory is more than a place to work. It is a catalyst for discovery, innovation and achievement. Professional development, work/life balance and a diverse and inclusive team foster lasting career satisfaction. Our onsite medical and fitness facilities, education assistance and generous compensation and benefits reflect our commitment to providing our people with all they need for personal and professional growth.
Apply now: lanl.jobs, search IRC84229
Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regards to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring