Kalexsyn is seeking an experienced and motivated process route development chemist to join our highly regarded chemistry team. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate accomplishments in both laboratory work and in design and optimization of synthetic routes that are amenable to scale-up to kilo scale and beyond. This position requires a hands-on bench chemist that can carry out organic syntheses on milligram to kilogram scale. Experience with the use of reactors having 15 to 50 L capacity is important. GMP experience is highly preferred; medicinal chemistry experience is a plus.
- Early stage optimization and scale-up (to kilo scale) of chemical syntheses and processes.
- Design of scalable synthetic routes for a wide variety of target compounds.
- Use of analytical techniques for characterization of products and impurities (HPLC, LCMS, NMR).
- Independent problem solving and ability to meet project goals in a timely fashion.
- Mentoring other chemists in the use of large-scale equipment.
- Report writing and communication with clients.
Preferred candidates will have a PhD in organic chemistry with 3 years or more of process development and scale-up experience. Strong BS/MS candidates with 10+ years of experience with process development and scale-up will also be considered. A strong working knowledge of organic reactions and mechanisms is required, as is a demonstrated ability to solve complex synthetic organic problems in the laboratory using technical expertise and literature resources. A broad knowledge of purification techniques for small molecules is expected. Candidates must also be proficient with computers, electronic notebooks, and electronic literature searching using SciFinder. Individuals must be authorized to work in the US and not need sponsorship.