Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in science and engineering on behalf of national security. We are seeking an Electrochemistry Postdoc to join a team tackling a variety of electrochemistry challenges supporting national security, including electroplating, corrosion science and surface characterization (including atomic force microscopy, scanning electron microscopy and nanoindentation). In addition, this position could involve research in aspects of additive manufacturing. Working with a mentor at most times, you will help guide the overall technical direction of projects and be capable of conducting independent research in small teams as well as communicating the findings in such a way that enables future application.
- PhD in materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics or related field completed within the last 5 years or soon to be completed
- Hands-on physical research experience, especially in the areas of electrochemistry, corrosion science and surface characterization techniques
- Excellent communication skills as demonstrated by experience presenting research results at technical conferences and authoring peer-reviewed journal articles
- Experience in experimental design, execution and analysis
- Completed coursework or research experience in one of the disciplines outlined above
- Willingness to work with potentially toxic and radioactive materials
- Ability to obtain Q clearance (normally requires U.S. Citizenship)
- Self-motivation as an independent research with demonstrated experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team
We Are Delivering Scientific Excellence
Los Alamos National Laboratory is more than a place to work. It is a catalyst for discovery, innovation and achievement. Professional development, work/life balance and a diverse and inclusive team foster lasting career satisfaction. Our onsite medical and fitness facilities, education assistance and generous compensation and benefits reflect our commitment to providing our people with all they need for personal and professional growth.
Apply now: lanl.jobs, search IRC87793:
Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regards to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-505-665-4444 option 1.