The Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, has an exciting opportunity for a full time Postdoctoral Associate. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Postdoctoral Associate candidate to join the Medicinal Chemistry lab to perform lead optimizations and SAR studies on drug discovery projects of kinase and/or epigenetic targets. The Postdoctoral Associate performs scientific research and studies under the supervision of Dr. Yangbo Feng. Specifically, he/she will work on medicinal chemistry / drug discovery projects focusing on kinase and/or epigenetic targets. Moreover, the Postdoctoral Associate promotes institutional recognition through literal contributions to the scientific community.
Our team is in the Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, which offers state-of-the-art core facilities and platforms in a highly dynamic, inclusive, and multi-cultural environment.
- Conducts research on specific areas of study as assigned.Prepares research reports and technical papers for publishing.
- Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and theories.
- Maintains substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories.
- Develops advanced analytical models and systems and provides solutions and analyses to support strategic and tactical decisions.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Ph.D. or other doctoral degree in Medicinal Chemistry or Organic Chemistry
Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
- Good PhD track record; high productivity
Strong research background in Organic Synthesis and/or Medicinal Chemistry
Autonomy and ability to drive a project
Expertise in one of the following is preferred: Multiple-step organic synthesis; Synthesis of Heterocyclic compounds
Computer modeling expertise
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.