SunHydrogen, Inc., the developer of a breakthrough technology to produce renewable hydrogen using the power of the sun, seeks a postdoctoral researcher to:
- Integrate oxygen evolution electrocatalysts into semiconductors with sufficiently low overvoltage to enable two junction semiconductor systems for water splitting.
- Develop lower cost oxygen evolution electrocatalysts.
- Test state-of-the-art materials for proof of concept purposes.
The work will take place at the University of Michigan, a research partner of SunHydrogen under Sponsored Research Agreement (SRA). The postdoctoral researcher will also work in remote collaboration with University of Iowa, an additional research partner to the company.
The role will also consist of writing reports, presentations, and manuscripts for the work. Further duties would include mentoring graduate student researchers.
Required and desired qualifications:
- PhD in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- Experience with experimental electrocatalysis and/or photoelectrocatalysis
- Experience with oxygen evolution is particularly desired, but not a requirement.
If interested, please provide the following in your application:
- One page cover letter detailing your research interests and what makes you an ideal fit for the role.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for at least 2 references.