AMPAC Fine Chemicals is a contract manufacturing company focused on the development and manufacture of pharmaceutical compounds. We are looking for scientists to be part of a team that is developing cost effective solutions for our Pharmaceutical partners. Our staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. This position is in the R&D department and is responsible for production support and process development of pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Develops scalable manufacturing processes in an cGMP environment
- Conducts experiments to optimize processes for commercial manufacture
- Meets with groups internally and externally for project meetings and prepares data for presentation
- Effectively participates in Process R&D team meetings
- Works under supervision of more senior scientists or scientific directors to advance the company pipeline
- Thinks critically and creatively and is able to work independently and in interdisciplinary groups
- Ability to resolve problems and has strong organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrates excellent writing and communication skills (both verbal and technical) and strong interpersonal skills
Education & Experience
- BS or MS degree with or without industry experience.
Special Work Conditions
Work place may include areas where a wide variety of chemical materials are used and stored. May involve potential exposure to variable noise levels. Must customarily have a high consciousness for personnel and equipment safety. May be required to utilize a variety of personal protective equipment. May need to work outside of normal office hours.
This position may be filled at a higher or lower level, based upon the candidates experience per the Company's Job Families.
AMPAC Fine Chemicals offer competitive salaries, benefits that begin the first of the month after hire date, 401k and relocation packages.
AFC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics, both state and federal.