Product Development and Testing Lead Hexion Inc.
US OR Springfield
Provide support to leaders in building / establishing / maintaining / improving performance in the various projects and products developed in Fire Safety. Build, maintain and improve processes and culture as well as the safety culture in the Fire Safety business unit. Develop testing protocold applicable to the various projects and products, under the direction of the Senior Technical Fire Safety manager. Application of PDCA (Plan; Do; Check; Act) continuous improvement approach is a must. Work closely with the Hexion Manufacturing teams, EH&S, Quality, and Continuous Improvement departments to maintain standards and processes, that support the Hexion core values. Support management in executing and meeting timelines in testing development, reporting, on-site commissioning, product development, and developing QC, and Safety protocols that are aligned with Hexion policy, and processes.
Research & Development
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Hexion Inc.
- Work with department managers wherever Fire Safety takes us and establish objectives on projects underway. Identify areas for process improvement, formulary improvement, cost improvement, and safety protocols.
- Responsible for the use of Project planning techniques such as Writing Charters, Stage-gate, developing 9 blocks, aggregating, and reporting out on progress toward goals.
- Provide & Facilitate training workshops for Fire Safety production team. Act in the capacity of Facilitation Coach for problem-solving on the adherence to developed standards, routines, and SOP’s for Fire Safety production systems.
- Support resolution of problems with a strong focus on accurate technical data generation, and product quality. Develop meaningful steps to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Accountable for supporting the execution of Fire Safety initiatives within the various projects, and project initiatives, work-streams, reporting, and outcomes.
- Work closely with Senior Fire Safety leaders & the functions within Hexion to facilitate sustainability of implemented processes, improvements and adherence to new standards at the site.
- Facilitate positive and quality communication during project implementation.
- Builds positive relationships with all levels of key functions, customers, suppliers, & stakeholders.
- Strong Safety focus
- Develops and drives required project plans, equipment design, and process & project goals.
- Inspires others to action consistent with the Vision and Mission and champions change efforts.
- Solves problems within the team environment utilizing appropriate Hexion functions
- Able to work independently serving as a role model for others.
- Able to achieve business results by translating objectives into actionable plans at a work-stream level using good project management skills
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Basic Quality Tools – Problem Solving, Statistics.
- Skilled in Project management
- Experience in Process Improvement methods; Applied engineering to achieve efficiencies.
- Ability to effectively work with and lead local work teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities. Effective presentation skills.
- Solid Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CAD, Minitab, & Process Control programming experience).
- Knowledge of Lean principles is preferred
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Wood Science or equivalent
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test , submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process, as well as additional periodic background checks as required by the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) or regulations adopted by the Department of Homeland Security or other regulatory agencies
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Percent of Travel