The Temple University School of Pharmacy invites applications for Director of the Moulder Center for Drug Discovery Research. The Moulder Center for Drug Discovery Research is strongly research-oriented. Faculty members from diverse scientific disciplines share common interests in discovering and developing novel therapeutic agents to improve patients' health and life. The Moulder Center enables research discoveries to move beyond the lab and into startup companies and clinics.
Candidates who can leverage expertise, methodologies, and standards to build a strong program in small molecules development and extend the Moulder Center's capabilities to protein analytics technologies are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will qualify for an appointment as a full professor and have the opportunity to engage in multidisciplinary research initiatives through collaborations with the school's CGMP Facility, the Proteomics Facility, the Jayne Haines Center for Pharmacogenomics and Drug Safety, and the faculties of medicinal chemistry, drug delivery, and clinical translation through pharmacy practice.
● PhD, PharmD, and/or MD degree or equivalent
● Demonstrate a strong history of scholarly activity and accomplishments, high-quality peer-reviewed publications, and extramural funding commensurate with a ranking of full professor
● Demonstrate an outstanding history of scholarly activity and accomplishments in the broad area of drug discovery
● Demonstrate a strong commitment to research and teaching and training students, postdoctoral fellows, future researchers, and faculty
● Experience generating new Intellectual Property*
*Several successful startup companies have been established based on drug discovery efforts and intellectual property at the school.
● Discover novel drug candidates and therapeutic entities using modern drug discovery approaches employing cutting-edge science
● Facilitate collaborative research within Temple University and outside universities, research institutions, pharmaceutical and biotech companies, and other external collaborators
● Support translational medicine initiatives by bridging the gap between pre-clinical and clinical research
● Develop a vigorous independent research program leading projects through target identification to validation and the development of therapeutic candidates
Applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of research plans, a teaching philosophy, and contact information for three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should be addressed to Salim Merali, Ph.D., Associate Dean for Research, Temple University School of Pharmacy, 3307 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140.
Learn more about the Moulder Center at https://pharmacy.temple.edu/research/moulder-center.
See all of our available positions at https://pharmacy.temple.edu/about/positions-available.
Temple University is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with applicable EEO and Affirmative Action regulations.