Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
***This position is in Kansas City, MO***
Summary of Duties:
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and manage the overall activities of a diverse technical team consisting of engineers, scientists and other qualified individuals
- Champion initiatives to resolve critical processes and technological-related issues
- Provide technology vision, strategy and business management oversight; innovations and technological advances that improve quality, reduce flow-time, and improve productivity
- Cultivate career development of staff members; maintain technical competence and leadership, and establish management succession
- Exhibit strong customer interface skills and responsiveness to meet customer needs
- Team and negotiate with multiple functional disciplines to achieve performance goals and business improvements
- Effectively communicate with all levels of FM&T management and staff, design partners, and customers
- Develop and implement staffing plans, budget proposals, and equipment requirements consistent with anticipated workloads
- Work with peers on technology development, manufacturing improvements and resource sharing
- Participate in activities to develop technical or administrative solutions to customer expectations
- Understand risks associated with engineering technology maturation at FM&T and work to mitigate those risks
You Must Have:
- US Citizenship required in order to obtain and maintain necessary US Dept. of Energy """"Q""""-level security clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Materials Science, Chemistry (from an ACS accredited program), Physics, Physical Science discipline or Engineering (Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Aerospace) from an ABET accredited university program
- Minimum of 7 years' directly applicable engineering, laboratory or project leadership experience
- Advanced degree in a technical discipline or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in engineering with a minimum of 2 years' managing technical staff preferred
- Experience in a Laboratory or production environment
- Clear track record in identifying and implementing efficiencies in a production or lab workspace
- Proven leadership and teaming skills
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Lean Expert certification
- PMP certification
- Experience supporting customers that demand high levels of quality, and ability to partner with customers for mutual benefit
- Ability to positively influence others, create a passion for excellence, and execute multiple projects while meeting customer expectations
- History of developing technical talent to handle diverse assignments with a bias for action
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements
- Honeywell FM&T Overview INCLUDES
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Relocation Provided
- JOB ID: req297310
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.