FMC Agricultural Solutions is seeking an experienced process development engineer for commercialization of new agricultural active ingredients. Our business has a robust pipeline of new products that anticipate our customers’ needs and contribute to their long-term prosperity while advancing agriculture.
This role requires chemical engineering/organic chemistry knowledge, as well as work experience in process development, pilot plant or commercial operations. The successful candidate will conduct laboratory-based programs to develop commercial manufacturing processes as part of a cross-functional team of process chemists, analytical chemists and engineers. The role involves engineering support through all phases of process development, with responsibility from early stage to commercial launch.
- Develop process concepts and cost analyses for chemical synthetic routes/manufacturing processes.
- Design and conduct laboratory experiments to demonstrate commercial process feasibility and to establish essential chemistry/engineering parameters.
- Design, direct, and coordinate work with external research partners to supplement internal experimental program.
- Evaluate reactive chemistry hazards and guide the interpretation leading to safe operating conditions
- Develop basic design data, define operating conditions and critical limits, and establish safety and quality parameters for the commercial process through scale-up and modeling of unit operations.
- Effectively document and transfer technology and know-how for the design, construction, and operation of commercial facilities and product registration.
- Participate in the pre-campaign planning and start-up of commercial operations.
- Manage all aspects of laboratory EHS and apply technical knowledge to advance laboratory safety of the group.
- Minimum BS Degree Chemical Engineering, M.S. / Ph.D. preferred
- For B.S. candidates, a minimum 2-5 years R&D-process development experience in pharmaceutical, agricultural, fine or specialty chemicals industry required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate technical and non-technical information with global internal and external partners required.
- Manufacturing or scale-up experience ideal.
- Expertise in separations technologies ideal.
- Expertise in process safety management and reactive/thermal hazards evaluation ideal.
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate different geographies required.
- Travel to international sites may be required (less than 10%).
At FMC, diversity and inclusion are in our DNA. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can thrive – regardless of race, gender, sex, pregnancy, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, color, age, religion or religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. FMC also supports employee participation in company employee resource groups that celebrate the diverse backgrounds of our workforce by providing communities for employees to connect with each other and raise awareness throughout FMC. FMC complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition department at email@example.com.