Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location/Division Specific Information
Sunnyvale, CA / Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division
How will you make an impact?
You will apply your Ion Chromatography and instrument testing experience to develop test plans/protocols, evaluate and test products during the product development stage from the original concept through post-production, and verify product functions according to specifications and standards. You lead other Test Engineers and support cross-functional Product Development Engineers to solve complex problems and manage change.
What will you do?
• Participate in the product design specification review process and contribute to product documentation
• Participate in ongoing technology research
• Establish benchmarks for product performance, identify product variances from standard, and recommend modifications and program improvements to conform
• Install, maintain, and use testing software programs to test products and compare observed performance to specifications and documentation
• Design, document, track, and communicate test plans, test results, analysis, and unresolved problems
• Create new test procedures and test cases for new functionality. Identify, analyze, and document defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in product performance
• Contribute to the establishment of standards and procedures for program design and testing and oversee the testing process of sub-projects
• Respond to inquiries from technical support regarding functions and operations of software programs
How will you get here?
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or equivalent with 8+ years related experience and/or training; or
Master’s degree in Chemistry or equivalent with 5+ years related experience and/or training; or
Ph.D. degree in Chemistry or equivalent with 3+ years related experience and/or training
• Hands-on experience with Instrument Test Methodology development, automation, and archiving
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary collaborative environment and lead complex projects
• provide solutions to complex problems
• Prior experience in documenting processes and test results
• Strong leadership and mentorship skills
• Proficient in statistical data analysis is desirable
• Experience in Ion Chromatography operation is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Ability to play a pivotal communication role in ensuring awareness and alignment of project decisions and updates across R&D Engineering, Scientists, and senior leadership
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
• Ability to contribute to functional initiatives and represent the department on cross-functional initiatives
• Ability to take ownership of a problem and drive to implemented solutions as an individual and as a team player
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com