The James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy at the University of Cincinnati invites applications for an educator-track faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. The College seeks an interdisciplinary scientist with expertise in one or more of the following areas: skin and hair biology/biophysics, skin and hair care product development, clinical and instrumental testing of cosmetic and personal care products and colloid/polymer and formulation science. Ample opportunities exist for collaborations within the College, the Academic Health Center, the Colleges of Engineering and Arts and Sciences and with a range of industrial partners in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic, and personal care industries.
Additional information about the James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy and the Academic Health Center may be obtained at http://medcenter.uc.edu.
Further Information about the Cosmetic Science Online Program can be found at https://online.uc.edu/masters-programs/ms-in-cosmetic-science/.
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach courses including and related to skin and hair biology and biophysics, skin and hair care, and clinical and instrumental methods relevant to cosmetic and personal care products at the MS/PhD level.
- The candidate will also help maintain a cosmetic science lab and teach a laboratory course(s) relevant to hair and skin care including formulation science to provide hands on experience for students.
- Other duties will include, supporting the growing Cosmetic Science Distance Learning program.
Candidates at the Assistant Professor level must have a PhD in a bioscience, physical science, or engineering discipline and at least three years of industrial experience in a related field. Those at the Associate Professor level must have an exceptional record of technical achievement and at least ten years of experience in the field of cosmetic science.
Interested candidates should create an Applicant Profile and upload a current CV/Resume and cover letter summarizing research and teaching interests. Under the ‘Additional Documents’ section, interested candidates should also upload the names and addresses (including emails) of three references.
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.