Conduct independent research leading to the creation of new flavors. The Senior Scientist is also responsible for collaborating with cross-functional scientists and departments to translate new ideas and processes into commercialized products and to support internal initiatives to improve existing products quality.
Essential Job Functions:
- To design and execute experimental protocols with the goal of delivering new products to expand Kalsec’s product line. This may include a variety of project types, including (but not limited to): reaction flavors; delivery system development
- To serve as support for current products and new product launches. In collaboration with the Kalsec team, this individual will contribute: a thorough understanding of scientific methods, research protocols, assessment instruments, and data analysis and interpretation; the evaluation and acquisition of new techniques and equipment that improve the capabilities of the lab and expand the possibilities for commercial opportunities; careful recording of experimental observations in a laboratory notebook kept in a sufficient manner to protect Kalsec’s intellectual property rights; preparation of detailed reports describing research efforts, and when appropriate, presentation of research results to scientific conferences, customers, Kalsec staff and/or other groups; the transition of promising research work into the application and process development groups for commercial development; knowledge and guidance on flavor regulatory issues.
- To maintain a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment, delivery systems, raw materials, and flavor processes. Scout for new technologies in the food field, or technologies in adjacent fields that can be adopted by Kalsec to overcome technical challenges.
- To collaborate with internal teams in improving the quality of existing flavor products.
- MS in chemistry or relevant disciplines with 2-5 years of proven record to develop reaction flavors that lead to commercial successes. PhD in similar disciplines preferred.
- Deep understanding of reaction flavor chemistry and its practical applications.
- Experience in designing and developing analytical assays to identify key flavor compounds.
- Ability to utilize statistic programs to analyze and interpret data, communicate and provide recommendations as needed.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Able to work in a team and adapt to a dynamic work environment including changing priorities and quick turnaround projects.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to present ideas in an understandable, non-technical manner to internal and external constituencies.
- Excellent recordkeeping skills.