The Department of Medicinal Chemistry and the Center for Natural Products, Drug Discovery and Development (CNPD3) at the University of Florida (https://cnpd3.pharmacy.ufl.edu) invites applications for one postdoctoral scholar position in AI-based drug design and discovery.
Candidates must have completed all degree requirements except the dissertation or be enrolled in an accredited PhD, or equivalent international degree program.
PhD (or equivalent international degree) in Computational Chemistry, Computer Science, Data Science, Informatics, Biological Physics, Biophysics, Physical Chemistry or related disciplines required by the appointment start date.
- AI experience and expertise in machine learning, deep learning, various neural network models.
- AI-based experience and expertise in molecular design and molecular interaction, especially drug design and optimization.
- Experience in structure-based drug design is a plus.
- Knowledge in cheminformatics and bioinformatics are plus.
- Being able to keep pace in a dynamic research environment.
- Independent in literature search and literature update.
- Capability of writing manuscripts.
In order to be considered, all applicants must upload a cover letter, CV, statement of research experience and/or projects, and a list of three professional references. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.