CytoSorbents, a critical care immunotherapy leader, specializes in blood purification technologies which are based on advanced, biocompatible, highly porous polymer beads that can actively remove toxic substances from blood and other bodily fluids by pore capture and surface adsorption. Leading the way is its flagship product, CytoSorb®, an EU approved extracorporeal cytokine adsorber used to reduce the “cytokine storm” that could otherwise lead to inflammation and organ failure.
CytoSorbents has an immediate need for a PhD to join their R&D team as a Senior Polymer Scientist in Princeton, NJ. The candidate fulfilling this role will act as a lead for the development and characterization of porous polymer systems used in biological fluid treatment applications. Fantastic opportunity to innovate and be at the forefront of developing new life saving medical devices!
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the design and synthesis of polymers systems
- Perform electro-spinning and other polymer engineering techniques
- Perform benchtop polymer synthesis (solution, bulk, emulsion or suspension polymerizations)
- Analyze newly generated research materials using methods Microscopy, Image analysis, Mechanical testing, DSC/TGA, FTIR, and porosimetry
- Record, analyze, and interpret experimental results
- Document results in technical reports and present data at team meetings
- Support project planning
- Maintain laboratory equipment in accordance with internal standards
- Interact with vendor services and application support as needed
- PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Material Science with a concentration in Polymers is required; 0-4 years’ industry experience
- Direct, hands-on experimental experience in design and characterization of polymers
- Experience in biocompatible substrate design and fabrication
- Fundamental understanding of analytical methods used for polymer characterization
- Ability to work well independently and in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic workplace
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and well-organized
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US and will not require sponsorship now or in the future.