At MilliporeSigma in Milwaukee, WI, the Postdoctoral Scientist is responsible for the innovation and commercialization of new products and helping to expand the company’s business in Life Science. The Scientist will focus on developing novel polymers and related products for biomedical applications.
- Use scientific knowledge in polymer science to strategically identify technologies, create new capabilities, and develop products applied in biomedical materials areas.
- Contribute to the areas of biomedical materials for academic, R&D, and pre-clinical research market.
- Plan, coordinate and perform activities ranging from synthesis, process characterization, analytical test methods, technology transfer and scale-up.
- Work closely with R&D, Product Management, Manufacturing, QC, and external collaborators on new product development.
- Contribute to development of product specifications and be a key driver of IP and technology strategies for business.
Who You Are:
- PhD in Chemistry, Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering, or other related scientific discipline.
- Expertise in polymer chemistry with a track record of publications and patents in the development of various polymeric materials
- Design of novel polymer architectures for various applications and study of structure-property relationships.
- Hands on experience in polymer synthesis using various polymerization techniques including controlled radical and ionic polymerizations.
- Well acquaintance with polymer characterizations using instruments such as GPC, MALLS, MALDI etc.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively.
- Proactive, team player, fast learner and willing to go extra mile to meet goals.