Posting Number: F000115
Department: Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences
Faculty member is responsible for providing Medicinal Chemistry and related content in the PharmD curriculum as well as the B.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences program. For the PharmD program, this includes instruction in team-taught courses that provide foundational knowledge as well as teaching in the therapeutic modules to upper level students. In the B.S. program, this faculty member provides foundational content as well as specific instruction the medicinal chemistry field and this included didactic teaching as well as laboratory-based instruction. In addition to instruction, faculty member is expected to maintain an active research program in their discipline. Research publications and endeavors to obtain extramural funding for research are expected. Additionally, opportunities for students in the College are to be provided to participate in high-impact research activity. Faculty member will be involved in student advising in PharmD and B.S. programs.
- Instruction in PharmD and B.S. curriculum. This may include team-taught courses as well as courses primarily provided by the individual.
- Maintaining an active and productive research program in respective field. Collaborative
efforts with other faculty in College and/or University is encouraged
- Committee work as required
- Student advising in PharmD and B.S. programs
- Experience in instruction/teaching is desired. Applicant should be familiar with delivery content in multiple styles (e.g. active learning, self-directed learning) in varying contexts
- Ability to maintain an active and productive research program.
Minimum Qualifications: PhD in Medicinal Chemistry or related field; Candidate may be ABD at the time of application, with the intent to have the PhD in hand prior to Fall 2022.
Preferred Qualifications: Relevant post-doctoral training in research. Experience in teaching in a PharmD program or teaching experience in undergraduate education.
Open Until Filled: No
Closing Date: 02/01/2022
To view full description and apply online go to: https://jobs.onu.edu/postings/9565
ONU is an equal employment opportunity employer.