Scientist/Senior Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Requisition Number: 84
Blueprint Medicines is a global precision therapy company that invents life-changing therapies for people with cancer and hematologic disorders. Applying an approach that is both precise and agile, we create medicines that selectively target genetic drivers, with the goal of staying one step ahead across stages of disease. Since 2011, we have leveraged our research platform, including expertise in molecular targeting and world-class drug design capabilities, to rapidly and reproducibly translate science into a broad pipeline of precision therapies. Today, we are delivering approved medicines directly to patients in the United States and Europe, and we are globally advancing multiple programs for genomically defined cancers, systemic mastocytosis, and cancer immunotherapy.
What will you do?
Blueprint Medicines is seeking a scientist with a BS, MS or PhD degree to engage in medicinal chemistry programs that lead to the identification of drug candidates for clinical development. The individual should possess proficiency in modern synthetic organic synthesis and medicinal chemistry.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Design, plan, and execute multi-step organic syntheses and purifications of small molecules as a member of collaborative research teams
- Work with internal/external partners to efficiently design and deliver high quality compounds for biological evaluation
- Summarize and interpret analytical data and generate research reports/presentations for both internal and external use
What basic qualifications do we require?
- Master’s / Bachelor’s degree in organic chemistry, in addition to 5+ years of medicinal chemistry experience in a pharmaceutical / biotechnology setting; OR a PhD degree in organic chemistry, in addition to 1-3+ years of medicinal chemistry experience in a pharmaceutical / biotechnology setting
- Demonstrated experience in the design and synthesis of bioactive compounds, with experience in the preparation of novel kinase inhibitors is preferred
What additional qualifications are we seeking?
- Demonstrated exemplary skills in all aspects of modern organic and medicinal chemistry, including data analysis, single compound synthesis, small parallel library design and synthesis, structure-based design and analytical and purification methods;
- Demonstrated experience functioning within a multi-disciplinary team and utilizing cross-functional information, such as biochemical activity, ADME and pharmacological data, to drive molecular optimization;
- Demonstrated experience in sophisticated problem solving through in-depth analysis of data;
- High level of performance and track record of success in the design and synthesis of bioactive compounds.
- At home in a highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
- A teammate, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion
- A collaborator who communicates in a transparent, timely and consistent manner
- Commitment to Blueprint Medicines’ Core Values: Patients First, Thoughtfulness, Urgency, Trust, Optimism
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
As a biotechnology organization, it is our responsibility to do everything we can to safeguard the health and safety of our workforce, our communities, and the patients we serve. That is why we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless we approve an exemption through a reasonable accommodation for certified health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs. Accommodation requests for either of these reasons should be made to TotalRewards@blueprintmedicines.com.
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Affirmative Action
At Blueprint Medicines, we foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion. A proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, we consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. We are also an E-Verify Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations, absent undue hardship, for qualified individuals with known disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who requires an accommodation with the hiring process or to perform any essential functions of the position for which you are applying, please reach out to TotalRewards@blueprintmedicines.com.
For more information, please see our EEO-AA-Policy-Statement, the EEO Poster and its Supplement, as well as our Pay Transparency Statement.
Who we are:
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together in a diverse community. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and we foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.