University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 497135
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Research & Laboratory, Full Time
Pay Grade: 29E
Under the general direction of the two Core Directors, the Research Associate II will perform hands-on experiments in proteomics sample preparation and protein characterization. The Research Associate II will also be required to assist in the operation and function of the Mass Spectrometry Facility including analysis of samples submitted from various departments at the University of Delaware, outside universities and external Companies. Other responsibilities include instrument maintenance, troubleshooting, and assisting in training other students on various instruments
- Analysis of sample submissions.
- Sample preparation for proteomics analysis. Perform daily maintenance of equipment for associated techniques.
- Interact with Investigators and students on experimental planning and analysis.
- Train students in relevant techniques.
- Assist with tasks related to internal and collaborative research activities.
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred, with three years related experience. Degree in Chemistry or life science field preferred.
- Experience working in a molecular biology laboratory preferred.
- Experience in mass spectrometry and chromatography is preferred.
- Knowledge of the use and maintenance of laboratory facilities and/or equipment.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Knowledge of scientific approach and methodologies.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Ability to design, organize, and coordinate scientific research projects.
- Ability to develop and follow complex research methodology and protocol.
- Ability to work in a goal oriented, project team environment.
- Ability to work in a leadership role on project teams.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.