The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the HSC College of Pharmacy (HSCCP) of the University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC) at Fort Worth is seeking to hire a dynamic, innovative Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences with a background in Medicinal Chemistry (either synthetic or computational are acceptable) or Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics. The successful applicant will report to the Chair of the Department and will contribute to the development of the educational, research, and service programs of the HSCCP. The successful applicant will provide expertise in teaching the foundational science aspects of the Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum in areas such as medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, and drug metabolism/pharmacokinetics. The successful applicant will also conduct extramurally funded research and provide instruction and training to students and trainees through teaching in graduate educational programs and mentoring in research. Competitive lab start-up funding is available, and the faculty member will have access to outstanding departmental and institutional core facilities.
* Works under the leadership of the Chair to implement and improve the Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum as it relates to the basic pharmaceutical sciences components of professional pharmacy education.
* Works under the leadership of the Chair to implement and improve the Master of Science and certificate programs in Drug Discovery and Development curriculum as it relates to the basic pharmaceutical sciences components of professional pharmacy education.
* Contributes to the graduate program track in pharmaceutical sciences leading to a PhD degree in Biomedical Sciences with a concentration in pharmaceutical sciences.
* Contributes to a culture of scholarly excellence within the Department through research that ensures that the faculty member remains on the cutting edge of their chosen areas of research and scholarly activity relevant to the future of pharmacy.
* Contributes to a culture within the Department that works in close cooperation with faculty of other Schools/Colleges at the UNTHSC to provide interprofessional education that meets the needs of a diverse population of Texas for effective partnerships in health and therapy.
* Contributes to service efforts that enhance the quality of pharmacy and graduate education and research in Texas and nationwide.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.