Southeastern Louisiana University’s Department of Chemistry and Physics invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Chemistry. This position is responsible for teaching various courses, including undergraduate-level biochemistry and possibly graduate-level courses. In addition, this position is expected to develop a research program involving undergraduate students and students enrolled in the Master of Integrated Science and Technology program and participate in service activities for the Department, University, and Community.
Questions regarding the position can be directed to the Search Committee Chair, Daniel Barnes, at email@example.com
- Doctorate in Chemistry from an accredited university by hire date.
- Credentials that warrant appointment at the academic rank of Assistant Professor.
- Doctorate in Chemistry with a research focus in biochemistry.
- Experience in teaching undergraduate biochemistry courses.
- Demonstrate a record of excellence in teaching and research with an emphasis on biochemistry-related research.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Willingness to serve in a community that values and celebrates diversity, inclusion, and equity.
Complete the entire application online and include all education and work experience on your application.
Attach an electronic copy of the cover letter, resume/vita, names and contact information for at least three references, statement of teaching philosophy, statement of research plans, statement of diversity, inclusion, and equity, and copies of transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (official transcripts required upon employment).
Southeastern is an AA/ADA/EEO employer.