About The Coretec Group
The Coretec Group, based in Ann Arbor, MI, is a specialty materials company, looking to commercialize a liquid material, cyclohexasilane, Si6H12, for potential use in semiconductors, lithium-ion batteries, quantum dots, and silicon lasers. Benefits of this material include faster processing methods and increased performance in all the applications mentioned.
The Coretec Group is seeking a Research Scientist with basic chemical synthesis skills and a specialty with air-sensitive chemistry and associated skill sets. This person should have experience in and mastery of a variety of techniques used in the synthesis and characterization of inorganic nanoparticles and quantum dots. Equally as important is the ability to interact and work with a dynamic, high-performance team of professionals looking to build internal expertise in the synthesis of our products.
· Working directly with relevant Ann Arbor staff to identify and secure necessary laboratory equipment (including glove box(es) and schlenk lines) from appropriate auctions and local sources
· Setup of such laboratory including placement of equipment, purchasing of supplies, etc.
· Learn relevant synthesis techniques and knowledge directly from Chief Technology Officer
· Optimization and quantification of synthetic techniques of pyrophoric cyclohexasilane using standard air-sensitive techniques
· Implementation and documentation of necessary MSDS and additional safety protocols
· Validation, quantification, and optimization of specific synthetic techniques crucial to The Coretec Group’s business goals.
· Scale-up activities of specific synthetic routes, as fits best with the business’ objectives
· Ph.D. in Chemistry or related fields
· Hands-on experience in synthetic inorganic chemistry
· Experience in handling and synthesizing pyrophoric materials
· Expertise in standard Schlenk line and glovebox techniques
· Experience in the isolation and separation of nanoparticles, ideally sub 10 nm in size
· Experience with physicochemical analysis and characterization techniques such as NMR, FT-IR, UV-Vis, XPS, SEM, XRD, Raman microscopy, etc.
· Ability to work as a skilled experimentalist in experimental design, materials synthesis, and characterization
· Proven record of publication in peer-reviewed journals and/or patents
· Ability to succeed and thrive as an integral part of R&D team in a heterogeneous and multidisciplinary environment
· Proficient verbal and written communication skills; ability to present ideas and data as both published reports and oral presentations
· Ability to write high-quality manuscripts and reports
· Ability to work under and comply with industry best practices and safety standards
· Experience in the synthesis, characterization, and application of small organic molecules
· Experience with surface chemistry
· Experience managing a chemical lab
This is a full-time position located at The Coretec Group headquarters located in Ann Arbor, MI. Relocation expenses will be considered for the right candidate.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The Coretec Group is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.