Undergraduate Teaching Faculty Positions- Chemistry
- Westlake University
- Hangzhou, Zhejiang (CN)
- Westlake University offers an internationally competitive salary.
- Closing date
- Jan 30, 2022
- Field of specialization
- Biochemical, Education, Green Chemistry, Pharmaceutical, Theoretical
- Work Function
- Teaching-Graduate, Teaching-Undergraduate
- Job Type
- Full time
Westlake University is a new type of non-profit research-oriented university in the People's Republic of China, supported by public and private funding. At Westlake, we strive for excellence in advanced research and nourish talented change-makers while remaining small and refined to ensure research and education quality.
Our three schools, School of Life Sciences, School of Science, and School of Engineering, focus on selected natural and life sciences and engineering disciplines, emphasizing interdisciplinary collaboration. Our goal is to cultivate generations of talent that dare to step into the unknown and are willing to take social responsibility.
Westlake University is currently accepting multiple applications from high-level talent for teaching faculty positions in CHEMISTRY to expand the university's professional teaching force further and establish a high-level teaching system aligned with the university's mission and goals. The specific job responsibilities and application requirements are as follows:
Number of Openings: 1
1. Develop and teach introductory chemistry courses (including lab courses) for future undergraduate students majoring in Science and Engineering (in English).
2. Enhance students’ motivation and interest in chemistry.
3. Support students’ learning and provide individualized assistance; ensure sufficient office hours to assist students in regular consultation; provide training and guidance to teaching assistants.
4. Organize and participate in other chemistry teaching activities on campus.
1. Possess or acquire a strong familiarity with Westlake University; strong professional ethics and sense of dedication in teaching which personally aligns with Westlake University’s missions and goals. Passionate about teaching chemistry with extensive theoretical and practical experience.
2. Ph.D. degree in Chemistry or a closely related field obtained from a leading Chinese or international university.
3. Three or more years of teaching experience in chemistry at world-leading universities in China or abroad with demonstrated ability to teach in English.
4. Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Westlake University offers an internationally competitive salary, an attractive benefits package, and comprehensive insurance coverage.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS:
To apply, please send the following documents in English as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org :
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Teaching statement describing your teaching philosophy
4. Course description and syllabus for a proposed introductory undergraduate course
5. A list of at least three professional references with complete contact information
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Outstanding short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Interviews will continue until all positions are filled.
Westlake University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals of all ethnic backgrounds and countries.
Founded in 2018, Westlake University is a new type of non-profit research-oriented university in Hangzhou, China, supported by public and private funding. Preceded by the Westlake Institute for Advanced Study, Westlake University is creating a stimulating, world-class environment for research and education in science, engineering and technology, and life sciences.
Westlake University seeks exceptional scholars in all branches of cutting-edge science and technology from around the world. If you believe you are among the best in your chosen research field, you may wish to consider an exciting career opportunity in Westlake University.
Shilongshan Road No.18, Cloud Town
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert