Assistant/Associate Professor of Medicinal Chemistry (3617)
Pocatello - Main
Idaho State University, established in 1901, is a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution, with a culture built on trust, compassion, stability, and hope. ISU serves over 12,000 students in Pocatello, Meridian, Twin Falls, and Idaho Falls. Students and faculty at ISU are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions. We are proud to offer exceptional academics nestled in the grand, natural beauty of the West. We invite you to apply to be a part of our University community!
The Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences (BPSCI) in the College of Pharmacy at Idaho State University (ISU) invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Medicinal Chemistry at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The anticipated start date for this position is January 2022. The ISU College of Pharmacy pioneered the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) program, and is committed to the education of outstanding future pharmacists and researchers. The college offers pharmacy education at three campuses located in Pocatello, ID, Meridian, ID, and Anchorage, AK, using state of the art distance delivery. Our college celebrated its centennial in Fall 2020, recognizing 100 years of excellence in pharmacy research and education. The Pharm.D. program is delivered through a dynamic, modular curriculum that is continually evolving to keep pace with the rapidly changing scope of practice in Idaho. Grounding within the basic sciences is a fundamental component of Pharmacy education at ISU.The Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical sciences (BPSCI) is located within the College of Pharmacy at ISU. This position will be based on the main campus in Pocatello, ID. The BPSCI department is currently in a phase of substantial growth. The department is equipped with core facilities that facilitate research in medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, and bioinformatics. The College of Pharmacy offers a competitive start-up package designed to help new faculty establish productive research enterprises. Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Establish, maintain and direct an externally funded research program in Medicinal Chemistry
- Provide service to the department, college, and university and participate in teaching in the professional curriculum in the College of Pharmacy (PharmD) as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Research and didactic instruction in the M.S. and Ph.D. programs in Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Demonstrate the potential to strengthen medicinal chemistry research with a goal of developing novel drugs for unmet therapeutic needs
- Doctoral degree in Medicinal Chemistry or a related discipline with Medicinal Chemistry training
- At least two years of postdoctoral training in an academic research laboratory or an equivalent position in the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills
- Commitment to teaching excellence
- Prior teaching experience, particularly in a PharmD curriculum
- Prior expertise in drug discovery and development with demonstrated skills in computational chemistry
- Current or prior NIH funding
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home/requisition/1373?c=isu
You must submit the following for consideration:
- Cover letter
- Three (3) professional references, including current contact information
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Brief Research Description and Research Funding Plan
This position will remain open until it is filled; however, priority consideration will be given to applications received prior to January 9, 2022. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision; life insurance; disability plan; employee assistance program (EAP); excellent retirement options and company contribution; and generous paid time off/sick leave accrual. All offers of employment are conditional pending the successful completion of a background investigation, provided by HireRight.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.