We are seeking a leader for the delivery function of the Biotechnology Solutions Division. This person is responsible to oversee the design, build and testing of polymeric nanoparticle, lipid nanoparticle or DNA origami delivery systems. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual who values creativity and cross-functional collaboration. They will drive formulation strategy, supervise, and train junior scientists. This individual will be responsible for direct nanoparticle development efforts: from early-stage engineering/composition modulation, process, and analytical development to manufacturing.
Successful candidates possess strong oral and written communication capabilities; demonstrate excellent collaboration & interpersonal skills and be adept at problem solving in a fast-paced environment.
The technical skills required for this position include methods of DNA and RNA nanoparticle production (using polymer or lipid-based systems), nanoparticle characterization, microfluidics and macrofluidics, and formulation chemistry. The candidate should also have experience in leading scientific teams. Candidates are expected to have the ability to work effectively in a highly multidisciplinary environment.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Ph.D. degree in formulation or pharmaceutical sciences, or a closely related engineering or scientific discipline
- Desire 5+years of experience with polymeric nanoparticles, LNPs, exosomes or DNA origami is highly desired
- Experience with micro/macrofluidic mixing platforms
- Experience guiding multiple research projects in nanoparticle production and characterization
- Ability to drive novel solutions
- Experience performing and interpreting data from relevant analytical techniques (DLS, NTA, ITC, SEC, etc.)
- Specific knowledge of nucleic acid handling and delivery practices
- Flexibility/adaptability to change in a small team environment
- Effective English verbal and written communication skills with a track record of high-quality publications and posters/oral presentations
- Applicant must be a US Person per export control with the ability to obtain and maintain a government clearance