Position Title: Assistant/Associate Professor
Position Location: Wingate Main Campus
Wingate University’s Department of Chemistry and Physics seeks to hire a new colleague in Physics for Fall 2022. The position is full-time and security track.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching general physics lecture classes
- Teaching general physics laboratory classes
- Advising Students
- Serving on university committees
- Supervising undergraduate research
- Strong communication skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. in Physics or Ph. D. in Physical Chemistry
To apply, submit the following to Dr. Chris Dahm, Search Committee Chair care of Mary Coon at email@example.com and Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) a letter of application with documented professional experience and reasons for interest in the position, 2) current curriculum vitae, 3) three letters of recommendation, 4) unofficial transcripts, 5) a teaching philosophy that includes a statement of principles and vision regarding matters of campus inclusion and equity and 6) a description of research that can be performed with undergraduates.
Official review of candidates will begin February 1st and continue until the position is filled.
Founded in 1896, Wingate University is a laboratory of difference-making that serves more than 3,600 students in North Carolina. Wingate offers 36 undergraduate majors as well as six master’s and four doctoral programs. The University is home to the Cannon College of Arts and Sciences; the Levine College of Health Sciences; the Byrum School of Business; and the College of Professional Studies, which includes the Thayer School of Education and the School of Sport Sciences. The University’s motto is “Faith, Knowledge, Service.” Learn more at www.wingate.edu.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Wingate University abides by all federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination solely on the basis of a person’s race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age (over 40), sex, marital status or physical handicap, except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists. Wingate University is committed to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act and its amendments. Wingate University expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.