- FMC Agricultural Solutions
- Newark, Delaware
- An early-career position with the salary and benefits commensurate with experience and background.
- Closing date
- Mar 27, 2022
- Field of specialization
- Work Function
- Job Type
- Full time
FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural technologies. FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to enhance crop yield and quality by controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds and disease, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive, and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility, and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
- FMC Corporation’s Global Regulatory Sciences group is part of the R&D organization. As a metabolism scientist, your role will be focused on developing research for new and existing molecules to help farmers maintain a safe and secure food supply while protecting the environment for future generations.
- The position is office-based and located in Newark, Delaware, at our Global R&D Center and just one hour south of our Corporate headquarters in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. While the position is based in the USA, responsibilities include regulatory work that supports our global business, with opportunities to interface with people around the world.
- The Global Regulatory Sciences group offers a unique balance of individual responsibilities and a team-focused project approach, providing our scientists with opportunities to engage in proprietary molecule development, learn regulations around the world, and invest in their understanding of emerging science.
- As a metabolism chemist in Global Regulatory Sciences, you will be the metabolism subject matter lead on cross-functional teams.
- Our team will rely on you to plan and oversee metabolism studies at contract research laboratories, interpret the data you generate, and communicate those findings to your teams.
- Our team will rely on you to understand the ADME profile of our molecules through data analysis and interpretation of PK and metabolism data.
- Our team will rely on you to determine the metabolic pathways and identify metabolites in plant and animal matrices.
- You will have the responsibility of using the metabolism data package to support our registrations globally, by generating dossiers and position papers, and through communications with regulatory authorities.
Qualifications and Education
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related disciplines.
- Or, MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Medicinal Chemistry, or related discipline and a minimum 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with the design and implementation of ADME and metabolism studies, basic knowledge of organic and analytical chemistry or related disciplines.
- Knowledge of the isolation and structural identification of metabolites and degradants from biological systems using radiochemical and spectroscopic techniques.
- Work experience in a commercial setting relevant to the pharmacokinetics and metabolism of organic chemicals is considered a plus but not necessary.
At FMC, diversity and inclusion are in our DNA. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can thrive – regardless of race, gender, sex, pregnancy, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, color, age, religion or religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. FMC also supports employee participation in company employee resource groups that celebrate the diverse backgrounds of our workforce by providing communities for employees to connect with each other and raise awareness throughout FMC.
FMC complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition department at email@example.com.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert