Responsible for the development of new, natural skincare products and utilizes creativity to provide innovative products/concepts in the areas of facial skincare formulations with minimal supervision. Quality will be a key focus.
The individual will be assigned multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity. They will develop new product ideas/concepts that will provide future growth for the company. The individual will ensure the timely completion of product development activities according to schedule. The individual will be accountable for data integrity and technical understanding of each project.
- Develops formulations with creativity & innovative contributions within green formulation guidelines. Confirms formulation stability and ensures scale-ability via extensive collaboration with Process Development. Contributes in establishing manufacturing procedures.
- Follows projects from prototype development through manufacturing.
- Keeps laboratory management and key project members informed of progress.
- Independently identifies technical learnings, issues, testing plans and solutions for all projects. Assists in resolving formula or process problems.
- May assist with training technicians, temporary staff and others in laboratory procedures.
- Coordinates and collaborates with all R&D departments & subfunctions, QA, Technical Services, Manufacturing and Product Development.
- Organizes all formula testing including but not limited to stability, rheology, safety, clinical and analytical as needed to support products being robust and technically ready. Designs & conducts experiments requiring the selection of equipment & materials for the delivery of the project.
- Ensures the timely completion of product development activities using technical knowledge to analyze and review results. Establishes standards and submits batch cards to lab management for review.
- Stays abreast of developing trends in the Cosmetic field; builds depth of understanding and shares new approaches with the team.
- Conduct research based on topics of special interest and develop product applications based on research.
- Maintains and follows all lab safety and SOP guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of EL R&D System RDS preferred but not necessary. Experience with formulating emulsions and surfactant systems, knowledge of green, natural formulation and ingredients preferred. Thorough knowledge of raw material functions and how to create and process skincare formulations of various product types.
BS Degree in relevant scientific field, Chemistry preferred
5 years experience