Postdoctoral Research Associate – Photo/Electrochemistry
- Infiltrator Water Technologies
- Old Saybrook, Connecticut
- based on experience
- Closing date
- May 29, 2022
- Field of specialization
- Work Function
- Job Type
- Full time
Infiltrator Water Technologies (IWT) is a market leader within the onsite wastewater treatment industry, Infiltrator manufactures a variety of revolutionary products and innovative, environmentally friendly alternatives to traditional stone and pipe leachfield and concrete septic wastewater system components. IWT is a wholly owned subsidiary of Advanced Drainage Systems (ticker: WMS, NYSE).
The majority of our products are produced almost entirely from recycled resins. Infiltrator’s recycling operation is among the country’s top twenty producers / consumers of recycled resins and among only a few of whom consume 100% of that resin in the finished products produced. Infiltrator operates some of largest molding machines and robotics producing the largest plastic molded parts in the world. IWT has always and continues to compete on innovation; we hold over 200 patents.
- This is a temporary appointment for a postdoctoral research associate who will be mentored in all R&D efforts.
- Develops electro/photochemical processes relevant to the chemistry of interest, including design analysis, calculations and problem solving.
- Transforms laboratory-scale research successes into prototype modules.
- Transforms prototype successes into novel full-scale reactor technologies.
- Carries out electrochemical, photochemical, and/or photoelectrochemical experiments employing novel electrode architectures that integrate semiconductor nanoassemblies with rational designs toward increased selectivity in the desired reaction chemistry.
- Attends regular technical meetings and communicate research results regularly to the R&D team.
- Manages laboratory supplies/ordering, safety protocols, and contractor equipment maintenance as needed.
- Works with the broader R&D team on developing novel, compact reactor geometries and infrastructure.
- Develops mathematical models to extract pertinent reaction and transport constants as needed.
- Assures technical quality and design process rigor in execution of all assigned tasks.
- This is a temporary appointment for a postdoctoral research associate with the possibility of full-time employment if the research project is successful in this initial phase of exploration.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or Engineering with experience/expertise in electrochemistry, photochemistry, or photoelectrochemistry. Candidates need experience/expertise in only one of these areas, though more than one is highly preferred.
- Willing to learn new experimental techniques where applicable.
- Hands-on laboratory skills associated with electrode fabrication, photo/electrochemical cell configuration and experimental data collection, and instrument troubleshooting.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and superior interpersonal skills for interaction with all levels of personnel and contacts within and outside IWT.
- Experience with mesoscopic architectures, semiconductor nanoparticles, photoinduced electron transfer, facile synthesis techniques for oxide semiconductors, photocatalytic advanced oxidation processes
- Must possess a comfort level with (and interest in) working in a very fast paced product development environment where ideation and product design rapidly evolve.
- Experience with managing smaller design projects, with ability/aspiration to move toward management of more complex projects
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert