Analytical Chemist - (18040800) Description
About Syngenta Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
About Us Through leading innovations, we help farmers around the world meet the challenge of feeding a growing population and taking care of our planet. We are currently seeking an Analytical Chemist in Greensboro, NC. This position will provide Analytical Chemistry technical support for new and existing products. The primary accountability will be to conduct and support active ingredient and impurity determinations and product chemistry studies, with an emphasis on quantitative determinations employing GC and HPLC. This position may support production & supply initiatives, as well as development projects.
- Develop and validate analytical methods for active ingredient and/or impurity assay, stability testing and chemical property determinations.
- Support analytical investigations associated with active ingredient sourcing efforts
- Prepare reports and technical documents for regulatory submissions
- Conduct and support product chemistry characterization studies and other Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) regulated work to support the global Crop Protection portfolio, and supply chain activities.
- Prepare standard operating procedures for use by the Company, as required
- Collaborate by building networks and relationships cross-functionally
- Excellent interpersonal/organizational skills, e.g., Identify, plan, prioritize, coordinate, and negotiate on project timelines with stakeholders
- Propose suggestions to improve the operational effectiveness of the team
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship from Syngenta
- BS degree in chemistry or related scientific field
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Flexibility to change and adjust to business needs
- Experience with Chromeleon CDS software
- Working in a regulated environment-eg GLP, GMP
- Experience working in a dynamic high performing team
What We Offer:
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members. offers flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) (http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm) Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm) #LI-LM2 Primary Location : USA-North Carolina-Greensboro Job : R&D - Development