LANXESS is a leading specialty chemicals company with sales of EUR 6.1 billion in 2020 and about 14,200 employees in 33 countries. The core business of LANXESS is the development, manufacturing and marketing of chemical intermediates, additives, specialty chemicals and plastics.
LANXESS is listed in the leading sustainability indices Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI World and Europe) and FTSE4Good.
In the United States, LANXESS employs more than 2,000 people at 25 locations in 11 states.
- Interface with customers to understand needs & win business
- Understand Lanxess product mix for Urethane Coatings
- Hunt for new opportunities & develop relevant application data
- Translate customer needs into relevant product chemistry
- Synthesize Polyurethane Dispersions (PUD's), blocked isocyanates & prepolymers
- Scale-up coating chemistry from the lab into production
- Prepare & characterize prototype formulations
- Test and Characterize material properties & performance
- Align with Sales, Product Mgmt, & colleagues globally
- Lead Cross-functional teams and opportunites to completion
- BS or MS is required in chemical engineering, polymer science, organic chemistry or a related field with appropriate industrial experience. A Ph.D. in organic chemistry, coating chemistry or polymer chemistry is desirable.
- Experience in synthesizing, formulating and characterizing urethane coating chemistry, i.e. polyurethane dispersions (PUD's), blocked isocyanates & prepolymers.
- Developing & maintaining key customer relationships.
- Understanding of the coatings market related to PUD's, blocked isocyanates and related prepolymers.
- Ability to travel 10%
What we offer you:
- Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages, inclusive of a global bonus program and an individual performance bonus program.
- Comprehensive Benefits: We provide a variety of benefits to support your financial security, health and wellbeing including retirement plans, health programs, life insurance and medical care.
- Work-Life & Flexibility: We support you in maintaining a balance between working hours and personal life. With our global “Xwork” program, we offer flexible working arrangements in all countries in which we operate.
- Training & Development: We are committed to your professional and personal development and encourage you in the ongoing pursuit of education, training and knowledge through both formal and informal learning .
Diversity: LANXESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.