The Natural Sciences Department seeks applicants for two visiting positions in chemistry to start in September 2022. This position will be at Oregon Tech’s Klamath Falls campus, located in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains in southern Oregon.
Chemistry courses in the Natural Sciences department directly support B.S. programs in the health professions and engineering, with an emphasis on high-quality, student-centered instruction oriented towards students’ professional success. The primary purpose of this position is to teach 100- or 200-level general chemistry laboratory and/or lecture classes, and possibly specialized courses such as environmental chemistry or electrochemistry. Duties include providing quality instruction for daytime classes, performing grading and relevant preparation for labs, and maintaining appropriate records. Applicants must have superior communication skills, a strong commitment to supporting student success, and dedication to high-quality undergraduate instruction. Oregon Tech values its diverse faculty, staff, and students fostering a healthy, inclusive, and positive learning environment.
Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Doctoral degree in chemistry, chemistry education, or a closely related field
- Demonstrated excellence in instruction at the college level through one or more years of past teaching experience
- Previous experience teaching environmental chemistry or electrochemistry
- A background that complements existing strengths in the B.S. Environmental Sciences and/or B.S. Biology-Health Sciences programs within the department.
- An earned M.S. or doctoral degree in chemistry, chemistry education, or a related field (ABD will be considered)
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Initial review of applications will begin on May 9, 2022. At the discretion of the University, materials received after the initial review date may not receive full consideration.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.oit.edu/postings/5061
Then, upload the following elements to your application:
- a brief cover letter outlining qualifications specific to this position;
- a curriculum vitae;
- a statement on how you view/promote diversity (please upload in the “other document” section of required documents);
- a statement outlining your teaching philosophy;
- unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
Oregon Tech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring, or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion or creed, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis in law.
Oregon Tech is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Office of Human Resource at 541-885-1028 or email@example.com.