Multiple Postdoctoral Fellows are sought to join Chemical Engineering and Material Science groups at the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory (NHMFL). Individuals will work on a series of projects related to the development of flow-through systems for magnetic separation in high magnetic field gradients.
Applicants interested in computational and experimental fluid dynamics, unit operations, magnet design, modeling, fabrication, and systems control are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities may include multi-scale computational modeling, experimental system design, and fabrication. Individuals will also be expected to participate in the training of undergraduate and graduate students. The position offers a wide range of professional development opportunities though the NHMFL and Florida State University (FSU), including participation in exciting state and federal government funded frontier science and engineering, mentoring experiences, and the potential for initiating new independent research.
Women and those from groups historically underrepresented in science and engineering are especially encouraged to apply.
Experience and Skills Sought:
• PhD in Engineering and/or Physics or any other relevant discipline.
• Experience in computational fluid dynamics, magnet design and actuation, experimental micro/macro fluidics, colloidal science, and separation processes.
• A track record of quality publications with excellent writing skills is essential.
• Experience with instrument design and/or automation experience.
• Interdisciplinary knowledge and skills bridging engineering to soft matter science.
• Team player with outstanding leadership, communication, and presentation skills.
Start Date: Evaluation of applications will begin immediately, with a start dates as early as May 2022. Positions will be for an initial period of one year, with possible extension to a second and third year.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should consist of a single PDF file with C.V., 1-page description of research interests, and 2-3 most relevant papers.
The Florida State University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer, committed to diversity in hiring, and a Public Records Agency.