Research ⋅ Bothell, Washington
Position at Seagen
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen's dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
We are seeking an experienced synthetic chemist to join our team and create unique, highly active payloads and invent new linker technologies for antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs). Multi-step organic synthesis, relying on modern purification and analytical technologies, enables us to create unique molecules and interrogate new mechanisms of action that, within a cross functional team, we explore as innovative therapies for cancer. Opportunities to develop additional skills in antibody conjugation, biochemical assays, and technology transfer to our process chemistry team are likely in this role.
- Execute multi-step synthetic sequences of innovative and highly potent molecules, as well as derivatives for conjugation to targeted delivery vehicles
- Diligently document experimental procedures and analytical data in an electronic notebook
- Contribute to the maintenance of shared laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Collaborate within both the chemistry group and the larger Research organization
- Present experimental results and scientific rationale to both small and large audiences
- A MS degree in chemistry or a BS degree with three years of relevant experience
- A background in multi-step organic synthesis. Prior experience synthesizing pharmaceutical building blocks and/or intermediates a plus.
- Experience with preparative chromatography and structure identification techniques
- Previous use of chemistry-focused software suites (e.g., SciFinder, ChemOffice), analytical software packages (e.g., MassLynx, MestReNova) and Microsoft Office.
- A high level of technical proficiency in the laboratory, a need to create and make significant contributions at the bench, and an ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically, and share your thought process with colleagues
- Previous experience in small molecule medicinal chemistry a plus
- Ability to utilize automation as a tool to enable multitasking
- Familiarity with MS Teams, Sharepoint and other tools to facilitate collaboration
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visitwww.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/Y7BEbAUPrJDmAuLViVewy