Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Through leading innovations, we help farmers around the world meet the challenge of feeding a growing population and taking care of our planet. We are currently seeking a Formulation Chemist in Greensboro, NC. The purpose of the Formulation Chemist role is to design and develop new agrochemical formulations as well as supporting scale-up, production, and field performance of existing products for Crop Protection. Most of the work is lab-based and hands-on, but you will also interact across a broad spectrum of business functions. Specific projects span a range of active ingredients and crops, and the chemist must evaluate the product with respect to chemical, physical, and application performance required by the intended customer.
- Independently plan, organize, and conduct laboratory studies to develop, evaluate, and optimize relevant technologies in accordance with departmental priorities
- Deliver critical information to local and global project teams
- Self-monitor for progress, recognize and anticipate areas with technical obstacles, and devise strategies to overcome
- Recognize areas of potential proprietary advantage and capture opportunities accordingly
- Transfer of expertise and new technologies to other scientists, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to and exploit informal networks
- Networking with the local formulation technical community to recognize difficulties and opportunities
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship from Syngenta
- Minimum M.S. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field with 0-2+ yrs industry experience or Ph.D. with 0+ yrs experience.
- Sufficient laboratory experience to efficiently develop test methods and evaluate equipment/instruments
- Demonstrated record of progress through formulating and testing hypotheses.
- Travel requirements – minimal, ~ 5%
- Manufacturing experience to recognize potential practical obstacles to commercialization of laboratory methods
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred: Polymer science, colloid science, coatings, materials science, biology, crystallization, surfactant chemistry, rheology, microscopy, statistics & experimental design
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Adaptable to departmental and organizational ways of working
What We Offer:
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members. offers flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) (http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm)