Essential Job Functions:
- Serves as a principal investigator: planning, designing and independently conducting experiments and associated research, development, and applications activities directed toward identified, strategic business opportunities.
- Leads/directs interdepartmental projects. Schedules and chairs technical planning and review meetings. Proactively organizes team results.
- Routinely serves as a technical resource to the Hops Business Unit Director, enhancing Kalsec®'s technical reputation, while providing customers with advanced technical presentations supportive of Kalsec® business aims.
- Records experimental observations in a laboratory notebook kept in a sufficient manner to protect Kalsec®’s intellectual property rights.
- Prepares detailed reports, invention disclosure documents, patent applications, etc., that augment Kalsec®’s technical knowledge base.
- Serves as a mentor by guiding and training staff, student employees, interns, and/or others performing related work. Reviews results and the reports of others for distribution or supervisor review.
- Is aware of the company’s Q.A. policy and objectives, strictly observing these policy provisions in the fulfillment of this job.
- Keeps abreast of the literature pertinent to current project as well as to scout new technologies.
- Develops contacts with outside researchers that furthers Kalsec®’s business objectives and multiplies research efforts.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area, complying with corporate safety and environmental policies.
- Participates in training programs deemed necessary to either develop job skills and laboratory capabilities or meet company policies and directives.
- Participates in sensory programs and projects
Specific Job Functions:
- Provide expert service in specialized analytical methods. Maintain working familiarity with a broad array of molecular separation and detection tools (including GC, LC, MS and spectrophotometry).
- Independently researches and develops new analytical methodology to innovate both within Kalsec®’s core competencies and beyond. Lead or assist on transfer of methods, as needed.
- Utilize project management and relationship skills to establish positive interactions with diverse stakeholders such as internal/external customers, vendors, and collaborations to advance specific projects.
- Identifies new technologies and areas of research to advance capabilities within R&D
- Report results of studies and experiments in the form of technical reports and/or memos
- Participate in development, validation, implementation, and maintenance activities of R&D and QC analytical methods.
- Maintain and service designated analytical equipment. Obtain assistance from instrument service representatives, as necessary.
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in a scientific discipline Experience with a wide range of mass spectrometry techniques Experience with liquid and gas chromatography Experience with analyzing complex biological matrices
- Experience with multivariate analysis Experience with statistical treatment of data (R, MATLAB, Python, Minitab, Unscrambler) Experience with a broad range of instrument software (Chromeleon, MassHunter, MassLynx, etc) Experience with sample prep techniques
- Experience with GC-O