Job Title: Applications Development Scientist- Thermal Centre of Excellence
Location: Northampton, MA, U.S.
Are you ready to help our R&D team with your ability to analyze complex datasets and problem-solving skills? Are you looking for an opportunity to work alongside the development team and customers to ensure that the products developed meet customer needs? Do you want to join small team within an ambitious, fast-growing, international company with a friendly and inclusive culture? Then this might be the job for you!
What are your responsibilities?
- The Applications Development Scientist will work alongside the development team and customers to ensure that the products developed meet customer needs.
- As a member of a small R&D team within a global organization, Applications Development Scientist will act as a user representative during product development, ensuring that the development not only works as designed but that the design meets the rapidly evolving customer needs, supporting product owner and Product Manager roles.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Graduate Chemist, Biochemist or equivalent. PhD in relevant discipline preferred.
- 3 - 5 yrs. experience minimum in an instrumentation development environment with specific experience of calorimetric/thermal analysis systems preferred.
- Able to look beyond the emotions of a situation, acting in a data-driven and scientific manner
- The ability to solve complex systems problems through research of unfamiliar topics and use of robust, rigorous problem-solving techniques
- Good experimental techniques, ability to present complex arguments simply both written and orally
- Ability to analyze complex datasets, from a range of analytical techniques
Great to have?
- Design for Six Sigma and Systems Lifecycle knowledge advantageous
- A positive can-do attitude!
When you join?
- Your career will take off with a comprehensive onboarding program. We continually support and develop our employees by improving their skills, knowledge, and performance through in-house, on-the-job training, and external training.
- We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.