Executive Editor-in-Chief, Clean Energy journal
- National Institute of Clean-and-Low-Carbon Energy (NICE)
- Working from home
- Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Jul 11, 2022
- Field of specialization
- Energy, Energy / Fuels, Engineering, Environmental, Green Chemistry, Materials
- Work Function
- Editorial, Publishing
- Job Type
- Full time
Clean Energy (https://academic.oup.com/ce) is an open access, peer-reviewed international journal published by Oxford University Press. and serves as an important medium to present the latest research developments and knowledge on topics related to clean energy. The journal enables and encourages the facilitation of sharing original research, reviews, perspectives, insight, and methodological/technical papers, innovative ideas amongst the research and engineering community. Clean Energy articles are indexed in DOAJ, Scopus, Ei Compendex, the Chinese Science Citation Database (CSCD) and the Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI).
The journal is sponsored by the National Institute of Clean-and-Low-Carbon Energy (NICE), established in December 2009 as an R&D institute affiliated with China Energy Investment Corporation Ltd. Focusing on the strategic goal of building China Energy Investment Corporation Ltd. Into a world-class energy conglomerate with global competitiveness, NICE is dedicated to the development of low carbon and clean energy technologies. NICE has been working on innovative technologies to support the core businesses of China Energy and carrying out R&D to branch out new growth drivers for China Energy while developing world-class technologies of global impact and competitiveness.
The Executive EIC for Clean Energy will have a significant impact on the policies and directions of the journal. To make a difference in the position, the successful candidate should excel both technically and managerially. The position requires a passion for continuous learning in the energy field and for scientific communication because the journal publishes the latest research in a wide range of clean energy fields.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome candidates from a variety of backgrounds who can work remotely and collaboratively with the team.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in a branch area of engineering or energy-related chemistry within Clean Energy journal’s scope;
- Publication history in peer-reviewed journals;
- Good writing skills in English and English as native language preferred;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Pro-active and independent, yet thrives on working quickly, collaboratively, and responsively.
- Review manuscript submissions, assign Associate Editor to manuscripts, final editing of accepted manuscripts, and proofreading manuscripts before publication;
- May also perform Associate Editor tasks, including finding reviewers, managing reviews, and making recommendations to the Editor-in-Chief or appointed representative;
- Responsible for ensuring that the spelling, grammar, and language are sufficient to meet the standards of a high-quality journal;
- Determine topics and solicit papers for Special Issues of Clean Energy in consultation with the Editor-in-Chief or appointed representative;
- Responsible for communicating with and negotiating with Oxford University Press and its contractors on the layout, design, marketing, and language of the Clean Energy journal, including published articles and other contents of the Clean Energy website.
The position requires some business travel to attend conferences and events and to interact with research institutions and universities.
The Clean Energy Editorial Office is located in Beijing China; Associate Editors support the journal from various locations worldwide. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Editorial Office, Associate Editors, and representatives of Oxford University Press. Flexible hours and effective communication are critical aspects of the position.
Core values shape the culture of an organization and guide the day-to-day activities within the organization. Every employee has a responsibility to uphold these values.
- The Scientific Methodology
- Independent and Trusted Source of Information
- Partnering, Cooperation, and Open Collaboration
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Respect
Continuous Education and Learning
National Institute of Clean-and-Low-Carbon Energy (NICE) is a national institute focused on energy R&D and is located in Beijing. NICE is funded by the Shenhua Group, one of the largest integrated energy companies. NICE is positioning to become a world-recognized institute in the field of clean & low-carbon energy, and is seeking qualified candidates with R&D and/or Engineering experience in the following fields: Novel routes for conversion and upgrading of coal and biomass to fuels and chemicals Novel materials and systems for clean and low carbon energy applications State of the art coal power plant design, process optimization and emission control CCS and CO2 utilization including Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) Renewable energy and chemicals Energy Storage
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert