Chemistry and Biochemistry Faculty, Professional, tenure-track -- Spectroscopy Specialist
- Brigham Young University
- Provo, Utah
- TBD; commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Jun 16, 2022
- Field of specialization
- Work Function
- Quality Control / Analysis, Teaching-Graduate, Teaching-Undergraduate
- Job Type
- Full time
Brigham Young University, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry is accepting applications for the position of full-time professional faculty, tenure track, with expertise in spectroscopy. A Ph.D. in chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field is required. To apply and learn more about the position, go to: https://yjobs.byu.edu/ (Job ID 108846)
Applications are being accepted through June 19, 2022.
A primary responsibility of this position is supervision and support of shared spectroscopic instruments in the BYU Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. This currently involves XPS, Raman, UV-vis, FTIR, ICP-OES, and ICP-MS instruments. Expertise in one or more of these techniques, along with a desire to develop expertise in all of them, is highly desirable. This professional faculty member will also be expected to devote about 50% of time to providing top-quality teaching to undergraduate and graduate students. This faculty member will also carry the same privileges and citizenship expectations as all other members of the faculty. While this professional position does not include an expectation that the faculty member will develop an independent, externally-funded research program, this faculty member will have an important research role through collaborative work with other faculty and students.
The person filling this position should be:
• A person who enjoys teaching and is qualified to teach classes in chemistry or biochemistry
• A person who has training and expertise in spectroscopy instrumentation, experimentation, and analysis techniques. Expertise in a wide range of techniques is desirable.
• A person who provides proactive support to researchers.
• An effective writer, communicator, and teacher.
• A good collaborator and congenial colleague.
• A well-organized person who can manage time and resources effectively.
Equal Opportunity Employer: m/f/Vets/Disability
BYU, an equal opportunity employer, requires all faculty to observe the university’s Honor Code and Dress & Grooming Standards. Preference is given to qualified candidates who are members in good standing of the affiliated church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert