Synthetic Organic Chemist
Obiter Research will train you in process, scale-up and large scale organic chemical techniques, not to mention basic expectations and structure of industrial chemistry. This is not taught in schools, but has to be won in the workplace. We can familiarize you with hydrogenation and reactor techniques, centrifugation, wiped film stills, fractional distillation, process control, and many other techniques that you can leverage to get good paying jobs in the industry. You will learn the secrets of accomplishing goals on time and under budget, both as part of a team and flying solo. Many of our alumni now populate the upper ranks of both growing and established companies. Apply now for the few openings we have available and put yourself on the path to a great career!
Position requires an experienced chemist that is able to work both independently and within a team environment on a project with minimal supervision and obtain quality results. Responsibilities include adhering to strict project timelines, maintaining a safe work place and positively collaborating with Research and Production Chemists. The focus is on bench chemistry for both production and research & development for multi-step processes.
- Full-Time, salaried, (40 - 45 hours/week), Monday – Friday
- Must have a PhD in Organic Synthetic Chemistry. (Natural product total synthesis experience is preferred)
- Must be able to work in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Demonstrate problem-solving abilities working on multi-step synthesis.
- Experienced in multi-step (>8 steps) synthetic sequences.
- Use of standard analytical equipment (e.g. NMR, HPLC, GC).
- Experience in milligram – multi-gram (>100g) reaction scale.
- Excellent oral / written communication and presentation skills.
- Self-sufficient, driven, and eager to succeed.
- Performs routine and non-routine chemical analysis.
- Sets up and simultaneously performs multiple laboratory chemical reactions and formulating experiments of various types.
- Safety, health and environmental excellence.
- Maintenance and operation of laboratory equipment.
- Chemistry proposals and development.
- Comfortable to work in a large scale environment with the use of 200 L reactor, 50 kg centrifuge and 50 kg filters, etc.
- Custom development and kilo scale synthesis of fine chemicals.
- Meet product development timelines.
- Sample development and production for specific customer needs.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted in a safe, healthy, and environmentally responsible manner.
- Experience in milligram-multi-gram (>100g) reaction.
- Experience in process chemistry and process development.
- Strong tendency toward collaboration and innovation.
- Experience with multi-parallel synthesis is a plus.
- Able to perform with minimal written or verbal instructions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Matching 401K
- PTO Time
- Medical Insurance
- Life insurance policy paid by the company