Position requires chemists to work on the production of intermediates in a variety of applications. This role will perform the production in a kilo lab setting using specific procedures and batch records under the guidance of the supervisor to ensure high-quality production. Chemical knowledge and troubleshooting skills are essential in this role.
- Full-Time, salaried, (40 - 45 hours/week), Monday – Friday
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or a science related area.
- Must be able to handle 55-gallon drums and powdered bags up to 60lbs on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Demonstrate organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve while still meeting required deadlines and working independently.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Follow established company Standard Operating Procedures and Batch records in the production of an assigned process.
- Meet product development timelines. For some special cases, the chemist will need to stay till the reactions finished.
- Operate production equipment such as 72 L to 200 L reactors, filters, and 20 L rotavaps and 50 kg mechanical centrifuge.
- Maintain a clean work environment by cleaning production labs, general production areas, equipment and glassware following specific procedures.
- Disposal of hazardous chemical wastes in a safe and environmentally correct manner according to local, state, and federal laws.
- Prepare reports as required for interim and final production levels for Production Manager.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted in a safe, healthy, and environmentally responsible manner by following safety protocols established by the company.
- Matching 401K plan
- PTO Time
- Medical insurance
- Life Insurance policy provided by the company