SCIENTIST – CHEMICAL SCIENCES
- Paraza Pharma INc
- Montréal, Quebec (CA)
- Competitive salary, attractive compensation package and health and lifestyle benefits
- Closing date
- Aug 2, 2022
- Field of specialization
- Work Function
- Job Type
- Full time
SCIENTIST – CHEMICAL SCIENCES
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Region: Technoparc Montréal (Ville St-Laurent)
Paraza Pharma, Inc.
Paraza Pharma, Inc. is a fast-growing pharmaceutical research company offering a dynamic and collaborative work environment where scientific excellence, innovation and creativity are at the forefront. Here, diversity, new points of view and a creative spirit are valued and considered as real assets. We provide our employees with ongoing support, training and development opportunities to expand their horizons while contributing to our shared passion for Drug Discovery.
Job Description for Ph.D. Candidate
The Medicinal Chemistry and Chemical Development groups at Paraza are seeking energetic, results-oriented individuals with proven track records of success to join our dynamic teams. The successful candidate is expected to have extensive experience in modern organic synthesis. In addition, we are looking for individuals with abilities to analyze complex data sets, demonstrate sound decision-making and analytical skills and able to provide creative proposals and solutions to advance on-going projects. The candidate will be expected to work independently within a team structure, design and execute synthetic routes and troubleshoot when needed. The key responsibilities of the successful candidates include the following:
- Design and synthesis of novel target molecules as part of a medicinal chemistry team
- Collection, analysis and interpretation of data sets. Proposal of follow-up experiments based on data trends
- Troubleshoot and optimize reaction sequences
- Participation in multidisciplinary team meetings
- Prepare summary documents and presentations to chemistry and project teams
- PhD in Organic, Bioorganic or Medicinal Chemistry, with 0-2 years of post-doctoral experience
- Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry
- Demonstrated laboratory proficiency
- Experience with the operation of standard laboratory instrumentation (e.g. NMR, MS, automated chromatography), and data analysis
- Able to work within a team structure and effectively communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Proven research track record as evidenced by a strong publication and/or patent record
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and constantly seeking creative solutions to challenging problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
At Paraza Pharma Inc., you will enjoy an attractive compensation package, a safe and healthy work environment and a full range of health and lifestyle benefits.
Paraza Pharma Inc., will work with the selected candidate to obtain the required work authorization to legally work in Canada.
Please note that foreign researchers may be eligible to a 5-year degressive income tax exemption.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert