The Senior Manager, External Supply will contribute to Pharmaceutical Sciences Small Molecule (PSSM) API supply chain on the Chemical R&D (CRD) Global External Supply team through effective global sourcing of materials and selected chemical process development for clinical API programs.
- Independently lead API material sourcing for multiple PSSM candidates. Provide effective project management via continual communication / recommendations to multiple customers on project status, results, activities and issues. Maintain an organized data set regarding sourcing status.
- Lead in development of strategic plans for sourcing and outsourcing custom-manufactured materials and strategic commodities required to support a candidate’s API requirements.
- Lead in evaluation, qualification and development of potential manufacturers of key API intermediates to ensure the most reliable, cost effective and highest quality partners are developed.
- Enable strong collaboration on program transitions across the spectrum (ERS for post-FIH progression and PGS Procurement for commercialization).
- Developed sourcing strategies and approaches may bridge across the pre-POC and post-POC portfolio. Post-POC sourcing would include active participation in API Co-Development teams and effective development of RSM sourcing strategies / vendor readiness through API validation.
- Lead CRD GES relationship management of up to several key vendors.
- As required, participate and/or lead in vendor site visits and industry trade shows for vendor business discussions.
- Follow established procedures and team practices to ensure consistent and compliant results.
- Lead in development and implementation of CRD GES business practices and procedures. Support team goals and initiatives, including mentoring team colleagues as required.
- Participate on and/or lead PSSM cross functional teams and serve on Global Teams.
- BS/MS degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering in combination with significant practical experience related to the position (5+ years).
- Advanced knowledge of Pfizer’s pharmaceutical operations, with extensive experience in business/technical project management is required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications is required.
- Ph.D. with broad relevant experience related to the position, desirable
- Advanced knowledge of industry practices within chemical development, cGMP API manufacturing, and procurement is highly desired.
- Demonstrated skill in business negotiations and conflict resolution is highly desired.
- Team-oriented colleague with strong interpersonal communication (oral and written) skills and proven attention to detail / issue resolution is highly desired.
- Experience representing Pfizer to external suppliers is preferred.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Relocation Package: YES
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES